Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Thank someone who has changed my life...

So somethings you should know about me is that i am super super shy and really really quiet. I don't usually let people into my life with the fear of being rejected/hurt. My whole life I have felt undesired and that I am not worth the time or energy. I would rather spend my time away from people even my family sometimes. Because I have a fear of them not accepting me or them criticizing me.(even thought I know that this fear is crazy) Although I long and have a great desire to have healthy relationships. It takes me a long long time to open up and for people to see the "real me" I have a lot of insecurities and i am working on being more out going and being more friendly and to open up... Through out my life I have had a small support group who has been with me my whole life even when i thought the worst of myself they are the ones who remind me how far i have come and how truly strong i really am. I am really grateful for them and they have no idea how much they truly mean to me.
But I am going to talk about one person specifically. I haven't know her my whole life but it seems like I have known her that long. She has accepted me flaws and all and still wants to be my friend, when most everyone would just turn and walk out of my life. Her name is Keely. She started working with me in feb. 2009. It did take me a while to open up but once i did we became close friends. She has even made me more out going I am doing thing i would never have thought of doing. like the sky coaster... Keely i am so grateful that you walked into my life as a great friend. You are the best!!

1 comment:

  1. Cori, I think that you are truly great. I was really shy too, so I know that it is possible to come out of it, at least partially. (I haven't made the total jump out of shyness.) You have so much going for you. I love your poetry. I hope to see some more of it soon.

    ReplyDelete